Thursday, February 21, 2008

La la la....

You remeber the little sketch of the guy tied to the diamond matrix?



Well here's the final version:

It isn't really a direct translation, the art director wanted a simpler outline that would use less polys, while I could keep the interior very intricate for normal map use, I went through a couple different designs before this one was approved.
And I'm making him in 3d for my demo reel! Here are some W-I-P shots of the prison environment:






My idea for how the cells worked was that they hang from the ceiling in these large broken cone shapes, kinda like waffle cones!





I'm pretty happy with how the cell's turning out, but the rest of the environment needs work (those are NOT final catwalks).


In the meantime, since the prison scene is so complicated, I've been taking it a little easier on my other demo projects (slightly).


Like, check out this sewer scene, for example. It's the backdrop for a snakeman character.


Comparitively a far simpler scene... thus much faster to finish!
Renders of the snakeman pending once I finish re-UVing him and redo his bump maps. Pending!

No comments: